Leave it on the Bike

So, I've been teaching Spinning classes for a few years now, and often have these moments during the ride, after or before that make me think, question and want to share. I'm hoping to create this space for this purpose. Yes, some days it will be ego-driven, others will be cute, but it is my intention that most will be purposeful, even inspiring. Sure, I have seen people transform their bodies with hard work both in and out of the room, but it's the emotional connection that keeps me intrigued. What keeps them coming back? Is it simply endorphines, is it the meditative factor of the ride...of, literally, spinning wheels and going nowhere, is it the kick-ass music? I'm sure it's a blend of all of this and more, things I hope to explore in future posts. Oh and then I question...am I just making this all too deep and serious? Maybe. But, I have some pretty cool conversations and have met some amazing people. And, if you'e just visiting for the music, enjoy.

"Leave it on the bike." A good friend and I often say this to each other as we're dealing with something tough in our lives. I can close my eyes, create the circles with my feet, relax my shoulders and really feel all the crap melt away. Inhale and exhale, and it's gone, trailing off somewhere behind me....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the "I Can't Wait Until March" playlist

#17

What's on My Mind